The International HIV/AIDS Alliance is looking to commission two Key Correspondents to each produce a 600 word feature.
One story will appear in the December edition of The Loop, which goes out to 20,000 people, the other will be sent to international, high profile websites for consideration of publication on World AIDS Day.
Please note, we are not looking for full stories at this stage. Rather, KCs should submit story ideas that meet the criteria below. The two strongest ideas will be commissioned and on completion of the work a one off payment of $100 USD to cover time and expenses will be paid.
Stories must be original content and meet the following criteria:
- Include an in depth interview/s with at least one of the following people most at risk of HIV: a sex worker, a drug user, a transgender person, a man who has sex with men or a gay man
- Describe how this person or people are affected by HIV
- Examine their current and/or future need for HIV prevention/treatment/support services
- Set the person’s individual stories in the context of the local and national HIV epidemic using relevant official sources, statistics and reports
To apply, email Hester Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in brief by 12pm GMT Monday 19 November:
- The key population you intend to focus on in your feature
- Details of how you will achieve your in depth interview (for instance, who are you intending to interview? Where are they based? Why have you chosen this individual/s or population?)
- An outline of the key questions you intend to ask your interviewee/s
- Whether you intend to concentrate the overall piece on a specific topic (e.g. stigma, gender based violence, sexual and reproductive health rights) and if so how you intend to do this
- Whether you intend to submit images with piece, and if so what these images will be of
- Confirmation that you have a bank account so that the Alliance can pay you should your idea be commissioned
- Confirmation that you are prepared to obtain written permission from the interviewee/s (consent forms will be provided to the two successful applicants)
The two KCs with the strongest story ideas will be notified of their success on Tuesday 20 November. They will then have until 12pm GMT Monday 26 November to file the full story.
If you have any questions please contact Hester at the email address above.